ASA rules with the Designated Player and Flex Player will be enforced with the following exceptions:
A coin flip will determine choice of home team for ALL tournament games.
Re-entry rule only applies to the 9 or 10 starters. No courtesy runners.
Intentional walks…4 balls must be pitched.
-Games are 6 innings. If home team is winning the bottom of the inning will NOT be played. (Strategize your choice of home team vs. visitors as it applies to tie-breaking formulas for pool play.)
-1 extra inning will be played using the International Tie Breaker in the 7th inning with the last scheduled batter starting at 2nd base.
If the score remains tied after 7 complete the game will be ruled a tie.
-Run ahead rule is 10 runs after 4 innings or 7 runs after 5 innings.
Semi-Finals and Finals:
Semi-Finals and Finals will be 7 inning games
Run ahead rule in semi-finals 7 runs after 5 innings
-Extra innings will be played using the International Tie Breaker in the top of the 10th inning with the last scheduled batter starting at 2nd base.
-No run ahead rule in final game.
2 Out catcher Rule- optional- Replacement runner is the last scheduled batter in the batting order.
Final standings in the qualifying round shall be established using the following criteria:
- Won/Lost records… 2 points for win 1 point for tie
- Head to Head – winner of game between the tied teams-if 3 teams are tied, a team would have had to beat the other 2 teams to advance. The remaining teams go to the next tiebreaker with no reverting back.
- Difference PLUS OR MINUS of total runs scored, with a limit of 7 PLUS or Minus per game allowed.
- The least (fewest) amount of runs scored against.
- The total runs scored in all games, with a maxium of 10 runs scored per game will be used.
- Positions will be settled by a coin toss.